CodeRED is a FREE emergency notification service provided to all residents within the Village of Pemberville that will notify you of emergency and community information through phone calls, text messages and emails. The system will be used to keep you informed of local events and items that immediately impact your safety. As a local resident, the Village of Pemberville encourages you to take action and register for this service.
There is no charge to register for or use CodeRED and personal information is kept confidential. Registering is quick and easy and can be done by visiting the selecting the link below or contacting the Village of Pemberville Office.
Things to know about CodeRed:
- CodeRED delivers notifications by phone, email, text and the geographically-based CodeRED Mobile Alert app (more on the app further below).
- Phone call recipient’s Caller ID will read:
- 866-419-5000 or "Emergency Comm" for emergency notifications
- 855-969-4636 or "ECN Community" for general notifications
- 800-566-9780 or "Emergency Comm" for CodeRED Weather Warning alerts
- Text message recipient’s Caller ID will read 76993 for both CodeRED and Weather Warning messages.
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Residents can simply dial the number displayed on their Caller ID to hear the last message delivered.
- Notifications cannot be delivered to phone numbers with a privacy lock feature. To ensure notifications are received, subscribers should either turn off the privacy lock feature during emergencies or enter a cell phone number when registering for the service.
- Individuals who have already registered for the service but would like to update their phone number or add a cell phone number to the database may do so by re-registering.
CodeRED Weather Warning is an opt-in only weather warning product that taps into the National Weather Service’s Storm Based Warnings. CodeRED Weather Warning automatically alerts affected citizens in the path of severe weather just moments after a warning has been issued (based on the address listed in your account). You can register for CodeRED Weather Warnings when you sign up for the CodeRED service. There is no charge to receive weather alerts by text, phone call or email. There is a charge to receive GPS-based weather alerts in the CodeRED Mobile Alert App (See the app section below for more info).
The free CodeRED Mobile Alert app sends geographically-based messages to subscribers nationwide. As you travel through CodeRED communities (including Pemberville), you can receive important alerts that include community and emergency information.
Things to know about the CodeRED Mobile Alert App:
- Your CodeRED account with the Village communication system will not log you in to the app. You will need to create a separate login inside the app to access all of the functions.
- You will receive Village of Pemberville alerts when the app detects you are within the Village or if the Village falls within the range you set in the app.
- You'll need to enable location services on your smartphone for the CodeRED Mobile Alert app to work.
- Weather Warnings that are based upon your USA geographical location (using GPS) are available through the app at an extra cost. The optional annual subscription is 99 cents after a 30 day trial period and can be purchased in the app.
You can download the FREE CodeRED Mobile Alert app by visiting the iTunes or Google Play store.